So You’re Writing a Sapphic Historical Romance: Questions to Consider - The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast Episode 190
So You’re Writing a Sapphic Historical Romance: Questions to Consider
The Lesbian Historic Motif Podcast - Episode 190 with Heather Rose Jones
In this episode we talk about the questions to ask about sapphic relationships and how they are perceived in your story’s setting:
- How easy is it to live outside of the heterosexual marriage paradigm?
- What are the economic, legal, and religious constraints on your characters?
- What is the ordinary “background noise” of non-sexual displays of affection?
- How does the culture of the setting understand privacy and how does that affect your characters’ behavior?
- What are the realities and perceptions around sex between women in this setting?
- How does the culture of the setting understand gender and sexuality?
- How are female couples depicted in popular culture of the time?
Links to the Lesbian Historic Motif Project Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com/lhmp
- Blog: http://alpennia.com/blog
- RSS: http://alpennia.com/blog/feed/
- Twitter: @LesbianMotif
- Discord: Contact Heather for an invitation to the Alpennia/LHMP Discord server
- The Lesbian Historic Motif Project Patreon
Links to Heather Online
- Website: http://alpennia.com
- Email: Heather Rose Jones
- Twitter: @heatherosejones
- Facebook: Heather Rose Jones (author page)